Help Prevent Bike Theft
An unlocked bike can be stolen in a few seconds. Use a quality U-lock to lock your bike to a bike rack.
- Register your bike with the ASU Police Department. Click here for more registration information. It is important to register your bike with ASU Police even if your bicycle is registered with another program or law enforcement agency.
- Always lock your bike to a bicycle rack.
- Do not lock your bike to an unsecured object.
- Secure the U-lock through the bike frame, the rear wheel and the bicycle rack.
- Report suspicious behavior by using one of the blue-light emercengy call boxes on campus or by calling 480.965.3456. If it occurs off campus, contact the appropriate police agency.
- Watch a short video with tips about how to lock your bicycle properly and how to avoid theft.
If your bike is stolen while on campus, report the theft immediately to the ASU Police Department at 480.965.3456. If it is stolen while off campus, contact the appropriate police agency.