Car rental and transportation services
ASU offers various alternative transportation options to support individual and departmental needs.
Arizona State University has partnered with Lyft on transportation options for the ASU community. Schools and departments can use Lyft for these services:
- Billing business travels.
- Lyft is a preferred vendor in My ASU TRIP.
- Commuting solutions.
- Event transportation.
- On- and off-campus student mobility programs.
- Patient or healthcare transportation for research support.
- Visitor transportation.
You must enroll in one of the following programs to receive its benefits. Users are billed via a monthly invoice and can pay by the automated clearinghouse, check or credit card. Lyft rides are not discounted or complimentary.
The Lyft Pass is an automated way to provide transportation. Use the pass for late-night transportation, student airport rides, student volunteer transportation and campus visitor transportation. Pass holders may use these functions:
- Add dates, times, locations and ride-type options.
- Fully or partially cover the cost of rides for eligible riders.
- Share passes with riders via text, email or a Lyft promo code.
The Autopay option allows faculty and staff to bill their rides directly to a corporate account and allows:
- Faculty and staff to separate business-related rides from personal rides.
- Hassle-free expensing — Lyft integrates with Concur and Expensify.
- Discounted rates on Lyft Rentals plus Hilton Honors, Delta SkyMiles and Chase perks.
The Concierge option can provide emergency rides home, rides to and from campus health centers, research program participant travel, student volunteer transportation, group travel and rides for on-campus visitors. The option permits users to:
- Book trips for a rider through a web-based portal on any internet-enabled device.
- Request rides for people who don't have the Lyft app.
Credits and rebates
- Individuals earn a $15 ride credit for each business profile created with an ASU email address.
- Riders earn a $5 credit when they create a business profile and take one ride.
- Users receive 1% back on all bookings completed within the ASU business account.
Lyft's Health Safety Program
To ensure riders and drivers remain safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Lyft launched its Health Safety Program. The program provides drivers with cleaning supplies and masks, and both drivers and riders may take advantage of these benefits:
- Health safety education.
- Personal health certification.
- Required face masks.
How can you ride safely with Lyft?
- Ask the driver to verify who they are picking up.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the Lyft app.
- Share your location from within the Lyft app with a friend or family member.
- Verify the license plate number, driver information and make and model of your ride.
- For a full list of bus charter companies under contract with ASU, visit the bus charters webpage.
- Bus charters arrangements, such as loading zones and staging locations, must be coordinated with Parking and Transit Services.
- Rent a vehicle from Enterprise. Call the Enterprise Member Services Team at 877-599-3227 for additional assistance.
- For information about vendors, contact Procurement.
- For travel information, contact Financial Services.
- For travel information, including forms, policy and step-by-step actions, visit the traveler resources webpage. Email Financial Services with questions.
- To coordinate campus parking and transportation arrangements, contact Parking and Transit Services.