From Nov. 7, 2022–Feb. 18, 2023, ASU Men’s and Women’s Basketball seasons will cause parking restrictions for Lot 58 and Lot 59 during home games. Parking attendants will direct drivers to available spaces starting three hours before tip-off.
The Arizona Coyotes will play in the Mullett Arena through April 13, 2023. Please plan ahead and expect possible delays on game days.
Frequent commuters to the Tempe campus may choose among three permit options; automobile, motorcycle, and sustainable. Purchase a permit through the transportation portal. Daily and hourly options are available across campus.
Sun Devils can purchase an annual permit. This permit is most cost-effective for students, faculty and staff who plan to be on campus three or more days each week. Display your hangtag permit facing outward from your automobile's rearview mirror. Automobile with permits that are not visible may be cited.
Parking permits for garages use a loop system. The permit allows for one entry and exit at a time. Sharing a permit to avoid hourly parking rates may result in a citation, facility fees or loss of parking privileges.
- Apache Boulevard, Novus Parking Structure Fulton Center and Myrtle Avenue (formerly named 10th Street) garages; Faculty and staff only — Brickyard garage. 1Residence Hall only — Novus Parking Structure, Residence Hall Apache Boulevard or Residence Myrtle Avenue (formerly named 10th Street) garages4.
- Lot 3, Rural Road, Stadium2, Tyler Street or Vista del Sol1 garages. Residence Hall only — Residence Hall Rural Road5, Residence Hall Stadium, University Towers or Residence Hall Vista del Sol garages.
- Faculty and staff only — Lot 72.
- Lot 55, Lot 582, Tempe Centerpoint garage1, Packard Drive South garage.2
- Lot 59.2
1Permits are available only to building occupants.
2ASU events may affect parking availability in this lot or garage throughout the year. PTS will notify permit holders before the event and provide alternate parking accommodations.
3These permits are valid until Dec. 31 and are not renewable for the spring semester.
4These permits are prohibited from parking on the first or second floors or first-level ramps to the second floor.
Motorcycle permits allow for parking in designated motorcycle stalls in non-visitor lots on all four campuses. Any moped, motorcycle or scooter that has a VIN number and is required to be licensed with the Department of Motor Vehicles must display a valid ASU motorcycle parking permit or pay the posted rate when parked on ASU property.
Visitors traveling by motorcycle may park in any available metered space or vehicle stall in visitor surface lots and pay the posted rate. See daily and hourly parking options.
The permit year runs from 2020 to 2021. Two types of permits are available:
Surface lot-only motorcycle permit
- Valid in MC spaces within Lot 3, Lot 15, Lot 40, Lot 45, Lot 50, Lot 55, Lot 58, Lot 59, Lot 65 and Lot 72.
Garage and surface motorcycle permit
Permit valid in all MC surface lots as well as in MC spaces within this garage:
- MC spaces within the Apache Boulevard, Fulton Center, Rural Road, Stadium garage, Myrtle Avenue (formerly named 10th Street) or University Towers garages.
If you purchase either type of motorcycle permit but occasionally need to bring a vehicle to campus, you can display your motorcycle permit in your vehicle on a conversion tag and park in Lot 59. Conversion tags are available free of charge at any campus PTS customer service office.
Share the ride to campus. Permit holders who rideshare to campus may exchange their annual parking permit for a High Occupancy Vehicle | HOV permit in the same location. A customer must purchase a permit for an HOV-eligible facility before applying for an HOV permit. Perks of an HOV permit include:
- Divide the cost of a regular permit — division of cost is handled by members of the group.
- Each individual within the HOV group, other than the primary permit holder, is given three, all-day validation tickets to use in visitor parking garages on days when ridesharing is not feasible.
- Additional validation tickets may be purchased by HOV group participants in-person at any campus PTS customer service office.
- Park in specially marked spaces that are typically located on the ground level of a parking garage or located close to the parking facility's entrance.
HOV permits are available for:
- Apache Boulevard, Packard Drive South, Rural Road, Stadium, Myrtle Avenue (formerly named 10th Street) and Tyler Street garages.
- Lot 3, Lot 59 and Lot 72.
HOV permits are not available to students living on campus. HOV carpool users are not allowed to have individual parking permits.
For more information on the ASU Trip Reduction Plan, call Parking and Transit Services at 480-965-6124. Visit Maricopa County's Travel Reduction Program webpage for additional information.
Prorated permit costs
Prorated permits go on sale Sept. 5.