During enforcement times, no one may drive, park or ride wheeled vehicles in Walk-only zones.
Bollards restrict vehicular mall access and are located in specific Tempe campus areas. Contact Parking and Transit Services or your assigned construction project manager for bollard management information.
Car and vehicular access on malls
All vehicles traveling on campus malls must pass a vehicle inspection. Drives must obtain a mall pass* and register for driving on the mall class.
- For vehicle inspections, contact the Fleet Program Manager.
- Permits for university vehicles and mall passes can be purchased from Parking and Transit Services.
Driving on the mall
- All ASU employees, student workers and registered volunteers who drive ASU-owned, leased or rented vehicles for official university business must complete the Authorized Driver Program.
- Contact the Walk-only zones team for more information on requesting restricted-access permits for VIP accessibility and matters of operations need related to safety.
View the campus mall access plans for carts and vehicles.
Questions? Contact Environmental Health and Safety.
For additional information, visit:
- ASU Student Code of Conduct.
- ASU Transportation Policy.
- Bike routes and shared paths on the Tempe campus.
- PDP 207-01: Tempe Campus Transportation Code.
- PDP 207-02: Vehicles and Carts on Malls and Sidewalks.
Mall passes are not valid in Walk-only zones or non-vehicular accessible areas during restricted times. Please refer to driving on the mall map for authorized access ways.
Restricted-access pass applications will be considered for:
- Essential functions or repairs that cannot be done outside zone enforcement times.
- Other extreme circumstances.
Not all restricted-access pass applications will be approved.
ASU Parking and Transit Services review restricted-access pass applications via an online form. Requests are carefully considered and few are issued. The safety of the ASU traveling public always is a priority.
Shared paths and bike features
Visit the ASU bike webpage for information about bike boxes, shared paths and sharrows.