ASU students, faculty and staff who bike on campus must register their bicycles. Registration helps bike recovery and may deter theft.
Benefits of registration
- Aids stolen bike recovery.
- Card-access bike parking facilities on the Tempe and Downtown Phoenix campuses.
- Free set of bike lights.
- Information about bicycling activities and events.
- Permit decal may deter theft.
For questions about bicycle registration, call the ASU Bicycle Program at 480-965-4260.
Bring your bicycle and ASU ID card to any bike valet station or PTS office to register your bike and receive a sticker permit.
You may start bicycle registration online by downloading the 529 Garage app; however, it is a two-step process.
- Create an account with 529 Garage and select 'register your bike for free.' Once you have selected this command, you will need to include:
- Bicycle type.
- Frame color.
- Serial number.*
- Bring your bicycle and ASU ID card to any bike valet station or PTS office to have your serial number confirmed and to receive a sticker permit.
*Some areas where a bicycle serial number is found:
- On the seat tube, head tube or down tube.
- Under the bottom bracket, it is stamped on the frame between the rear stay, often near or on the dropout.