The ASU Surplus Store is located at 734 W Alameda Drive Tempe AZ 85282. You may also find items on our online auction platform, GovDeals.
Arizona State University Surplus Property sells excess university property to the public through the Surplus Store and online auctions.
University users will log in by clicking on the "Login Using SSO."
Visit the online auction regularly. Auction items frequently change, with new items offered weekly.
Join the mailing list to receive reminders.
Surplus Property disposes of excess university property through recycling, reuse by other university departments or public sale.
To send items to Surplus Property, departments must complete a transfer request on the access surplus webpage.
University users will log in by clicking on the “Login Using SSO.”
- Items with a property control number must be placed on their own line.
- Multiple items can be placed on each transfer request.
- Your department cost center manager must authorize all transfer requests.
To submit transfer requests, the user must have the department data entry specialist — property control role in Workday. To approve transfer requests, the user must have the cost center manager role in Workday.
In AssetWorks, the cost center approver and user profiles are maintained by the nightly user and profile integration from Workday. Departmental AssetWorks users need to request and receive approval for one of the roles by the established Workday role provisioning process via ServiceNow. AssetWorks approvers or data entry specialists will only have access to assets assigned to the Workday cost center they are approved for.
Environmental recycling fee
Surplus Property charges an upfront fee of $50 for the hazardous waste disposal of eligible cathode ray tube monitors, refrigerators and scientific freezers.
Billing goes to the cost center and program number associated with the Surplus Transfer Request in AssetWorks via an Internal Service Delivery transaction.
Note: Surplus Property will not pick up CRT monitors, refrigerators or scientific freezers that are inaccurately described or not listed on the Surplus Transfer Request.
If a surplus item sells for over $2,500, the department may request a rebate of 80% of the amount above $2,500.
ASU departments may send document storage to Surplus Property for temporary storage and secure destruction. Information on the types of documents stored and the length of time for storage can be found in PUR 205.
Follow these guidelines when sending boxes to Document Storage as Surplus Property:
- All records must be inactive.
- Only use storage boxes from Staples — item number 33250.
- Complete the online Document Storage Request Form for each box of records. Once the online form has been completed, the University Archivist will review each request and follow up with the department. Once approved, ASU Surplus Property will be notified of the pickup request.
- Fill the box tightly, but do not overfill it. Leave about 1.5 inches of space in the box.
- On the box, indicate the following:
- Box number.
- Contact name.
- Content or records series title and date range.
- Department name.
- Destruction date.
- Phone number.
- For multiple boxes, number the boxes sequentially for each shipment to Surplus Property.
- The retention period mandated by the Arizona State Library commences after the most recent year of records stored in each box.
- There must be an assigned destruction date for the records. The destruction date is set at the expiration of the retention period.
The ASU Surplus Store is open Monday through Friday from noon–4 p.m.
Surplus Property offers a variety of items for sale, including but not limited to:
- Desktop computers.
- Laboratory equipment.
Visit the Surplus Store for full inventory.
ASU Surplus Store
734 W Alameda Drive
Tempe AZ 85282
Parking is located on the west side of the building. Surplus property entrance is located near roll-up doors one and two.
No parking is allowed at the customer loading dock or on the east side of the building.
For department shopping, visit the ASU departments tab for more information.
Arizona State University
PO Box 873608
Tempe AZ 85287-3608
Phone: Business office