At the end of each semester, abandoned bicycles from all ASU campuses are collected and delivered to Surplus Property. All unclaimed bicycles are sold in the Surplus Property retail store. Parts and frames are sold at auction.
- Fall semester.
- Bikes are tagged the Wednesday during graduation week and rounded up the following Monday.
- Spring semester.
- Bikes are tagged in late April and rounded up in May.
Bike roundup does not take place within on-campus residential communities. Registered bicyclists will be contacted if their bike is tagged during the end-of-semester roundup.
Throughout the year, inoperable bicycles are collected and delivered to ASU Surplus Property.
Operable bicycles must have
- A frame.
- Two wheels.
- Two of these components:
- Handlebars and stem.
- Pedals and cranks.
- Seat and seat post.
To reclaim a bicycle, owners must email Parking and Transit Services or call 480-965-4260.
Owners must have
- A complete description of the bicycle.
- Date when the bicycle was last seen.
- Last location of where the bicycle was parked.