Save time and money by commuting to school or work with an employee Platinum Pass or student U-Pass.
Credit cards and personal checks are accepted at all PTS customer service offices. Credit cards are accepted for online purchases.
- All students and employees must present their ASU ID card to purchase a pass at the PTS customer service office.
- Benefits-eligible employees may select payroll deduction and students may bill transit passes to their student account.
Rates are prorated beginning in August, and then on the first of each month after through July.
Employee Platinum Pass
Express: Good for unlimited rides on Valley Metro Light Rail and all Valley Metro Local, express and RAPID bus routes.
- Cost: $520.
Local: Good for unlimited rides on Valley Metro Light Rail and all Valley Metro Local bus routes.
- Cost: $390.
Platinum Pass is valid from Aug. 16, 2022 to Aug. 15, 2023.
Student U-Passes help save on transportation costs. Student discounted price $150 + ASU subsidy $310 = $460 value of U-Pass.
Academic year 2022–2023
The U-Pass is valid from Aug. 13 to May 12 for $150.
- Cost: $150.
- On sale Aug. 1 online via your ASU Transportation Account or in-person at a PTS customer service office.
- After Jan. 1: Purchase a U-Pass for $75.
Customers may return a purchased U-Pass before Dec. 31 for a $75 refund.
The summer U-Pass is valid from May 12 to Aug. 12.
- Cost: $75.
- On sale starting May 12: In-person at a PTS customer service office.
Platinum Pass and U-Pass | Free emergency ride home
Being a sustainable Sun Devil helps ASU achieve its university sustainability goals for transportation. If you have an emergency and need a ride, Parking and Transit Services is here to assist.
Call PTS dispatch at 480-965-6124 any day the university is open and ask for our emergency ride home service. All active student U-Pass and employee Platinum Pass holders may take advantage of a free ride home up to two times each permit year. When you call have your ASU ID number ready. After PTS has verified you are an active pass holder; they will help you arrange for a free ride home using Lyft.