Frequent commuters to the West campus may choose among three permit options; automobile, motorcycle, and sustainable. Purchase a permit through the transportation portal. Daily and hourly options are available across campus.
Sun Devils can purchase an annual permit. This permit is most cost-effective for students, faculty and staff who plan to be on campus three or more days each week. Parking permits are virtual; there is no physical permit to display. Your vehicle's license plate must match the plate on file in your ASU Transportation Account to avoid citations.
Multiple vehicles can be assigned to the virtual permit, but only one vehicle can park on campus at a time.
- Lot 7 or Lot 17.
- South Zone — 1, 2, 3 or 20.
- North Zone — Lot 10 or Lot 11. Residence Hall only — Lot 19.1
- Park Zone.*
1Valid only on the West campus in Lot 19. Valid for cross parking at other ASU campuses.
*All permits are valid in this location at all times.
Motorcycle permits all for parking in designated motorcycle stalls in non-visitor lots on all four campuses. Any moped, motorcycle or scooter that has a VIN number and is required to be licensed with the Department of Motor Vehicles must display a valid ASU motorcycle parking permit when parked on ASU property.
Visitors traveling by motorcycle may park in any available metered space or vehicle stall on visitor surface lots but must pay the posted rate. See daily and hourly parking options.
The permit year runs from 2020 to 2021.
Surface lot-only motorcycle permit
If you purchase a motorcycle permit but occasionally need to bring a vehicle to campus, you can display your motorcycle permit in your vehicle on a conversation tag and park in Park Zone Lot. Conversion tags may be obtained, free of charge, at any campus PTS office.
Share the ride to campus. Permit holders who rideshare to campus may exchange their annual parking permit for a High Occupancy Vehicle | HOV permit in the same location. A customer must purchase a permit for an HOV-eligible facility before applying for an HOV permit. Perks of an HOV permit include:
- Divide the cost of a regular permit — division of cost is handled by members of the group.
- Each individual within the HOV group, other than the primary permit holder, is given three, all-day validation tickets to use in visitor parking garages on days when ridesharing is not feasible.
- Additional validation tickets may be purchased by HOV group participants in-person at any campus PTS customer service office.
- Park in specially marked spaces that are typically located on the ground level of a parking garage or located close to the parking facility's entrance.
HOV permits are available for:
HOV permits are not available to students living on campus. HOV carpool users are not allowed to have individual parking permits.
For more information on the ASU Trip Reduction Plan, call Parking and Transit Services at 480-965-6124. Visit Maricopa County's Travel Reduction Program webpage for additional information.
Prorated permit costs
Prorated permits go on sale Sept. 5.