Do business with ASU
ASU publishes all solicitations. Suppliers should check the ASU Bid Board often, as changes may occur daily. Refer to the Enterprise Brand and Marketing Guide for more information on vendors, licensing, logos and marks.
ASU staff may use Procurebot to ask a procurement question.
Suppliers interested in receiving notifications about upcoming sourcing opportunities should provide company profile information in the new portal, including product and service categories offered. If you submitted the web form that was available previously, please resubmit your information in this new portal.
Submitting your company’s information provides the following:
- Ability to review and act on ASU notifications and communications.
- Access to support personnel and training materials.
- Create and manage unlimited users and employee roles.
- Notification of sourcing opportunities based on selected commodity codes.
- Permission to respond to sourcing opportunities.
- Verify and update your company’s contact information.
Formal solicitations are published on the Commodities, Services and Facilities Bid Board. Suppliers are encouraged to check this resource regularly, as changes may occur daily.
Invoicing and payment
Incomplete invoices may cause a delay in processing your payment. The purchase order will direct the supplier where to send the invoice. University policy is to pay for goods after receipt unless ASU makes a prior contractual arrangement.
The following information must appear on your invoice:
- Name and department of the individual placing the order — not the buyer.
- Complete and valid ASU purchase order number.
- Itemized description of the material ordered and shipped, including the date.
ASU’s standard payment terms are net 30 days. Other options include the following:
- One percent 20, net 30: A 1% discount will be taken if ASU pays within 20 business days. ASU reserves the right to pay within 30 days.
- Two percent 10, net 30: A 2% discount will be taken if ASU pays within 10 business days. ASU reserves the right to pay within 30 days.
Existing ASU contractual agreements and purchase order terms and conditions may override the payment terms above and will be noted on the purchase order.
ASU must pay Arizona state sales tax except when purchasing a service or capital, or fabricated equipment explicitly used for research purposes.
By policy, ASU requires the supplier to pay all contributions, taxes and premiums under federal, state and local laws for employees engaged in work under an ASU contract.
The following applies to suppliers who have received an ASU request to complete this registration process to accept payment for goods and services purchased by the university.
Suppliers providing goods and services
Businesses and individuals selected by ASU providing goods or services must submit their registration through Workday’s supplier registration portal.
Refer to the Supplier Registration instructions if you have received a request to complete a supplier registration.
Suppliers not providing goods or services
Individuals receiving payments for the following must submit their registration through the registration links:
- Fellowship payments.
- Participant support payments.
- Prize or award payments.
- Research subject payments.
- Student support payments.
If you have received a request to complete a registration, please review the instructions below:
- Domestic: Review the Domestic Registration instructions if your tax status is U.S. citizen, permanent resident or resident for U.S. tax purposes.
- International: Review the Foreign Registration instructions if you are an international citizen and have not yet passed your residency test for U.S. tax purposes.