The ASU LiveSafe mobile app does not replace 911 emergency services or any local police department communications.
ASU LiveSafe mobile app functionality and benefits
Send ASU Police real-time, anonymous tips that include audio, pictures, text and video.
- Send an emergency 911 text or call ASU Police dispatch.
- Alert personal emergency contacts in times of distress.
- Activate SafeWalk and text with your friends or family during your trip as they view your progress on a map. Deactivate SafeWalk after your trip.
- Request a ride from the student-run Safety Escort Service.
- Contact ASU Police and share your profile information or enable the anonymous reporting option.
- Use Motorist Assist if you locked your keys in your car or your battery is dead.
Access ASU crime alerts and bulletins.
- Access to ASU Parking and transit and ASU Shuttle Twitter feeds.
- Find campus bike valet locations.
Locate ASU intercampus shuttles in real time via the Shuttle Tracker.
- Request a Safety Escort ride on the ASU Tempe campus and view the trip boundary map. ASU Undergraduate Student Government facilitates the Safety Escort service; call 480-965-1515 for rides if the LiveSafe app is inaccessible.
Alerts and Advisories
Advisory messages are not life-threatening and may include campus incidents such as a power outage or a water leak. Using active geofence location, advisories target specific areas where an incident is occurring. To receive these advisories, enable location services on your smartphone.
ASU Alerts, life-threatening situations such as a major fire or an armed suspect on campus, are sent via these methods:
- ASU LiveSafe mobile app.
- Email to all ASU student, faculty and staff accounts.
- Text message using the mobile phone numbers listed on your My ASU profile.
Make sure to complete the profile with your mobile telephone number, which can help ASU Police better respond to reports.
Enable Push Notifications in the settings on your phone.
Turn Location Services on. For iPhone, set location services to "Always." GPS data may provide ASU Police a better way to serve and protect you. When you report an incident or make a call, ASU Police will know exactly where you are so they can respond accordingly. Location services also target you for geo-fenced Advisory messages.
Download the free ASU LiveSafe Mobile App
Visit the App Store, Google Play, or scan the QR code below with your smartphone.
Search for and select the blue LiveSafe, Inc. shield.
Download the app to your mobile device.
Select Arizona State University.
Choose your organization based on your location. Use ASU AZ – Fac/Stu/Staff or ASU DC – Fac/Stu/Staff for use in Washington D.C.
ASU parents and visitors choose ASU AZ – Visitor or ASU DC – Visitor for use in Washington D.C.
Complete your profile.