Walk and Talk. Fresh air and a fresh perspective.
Employee Wellness engages individuals in preventative health care practices in the workplace. The wellness team offers activities, programs and resources to keep our community healthy and engaged at ASU.
Stay healthy while working.
Work-life balance is important to physical health. The wellness team provides ways to maintain your well-being with online wellness, exercise and cooking classes. Find upcoming sessions and sign up.
Access additional wellness resources and pursue cash incentives with the Health Impact Program app.
For additional questions regarding Employee Wellness, contact Wellness Program Manager Liz Badalamenti.
ASU received the 2023 Healthy Arizona Worksite Gold Award for the seventh consecutive year. This esteemed accolade celebrates businesses that promote the health and well-being of their employees, families and community by implementing evidence-based worksite health initiatives and programs. ASU achieved this award through the combined efforts of various units across the university, all united in their commitment to enhancing employee well-being.
Certified healthy departments
ASU Employee Wellness distinguishes departments committed to supporting employee well-being as certified healthy departments. We encourage the ASU community to take an active role in creating a healthy workplace for all employees. Visit our wellness calendar in Career EDGE for monthly themes to keep your employees healthy.
How to participate in the program
Join us on this work-to-wellness journey through the certified healthy department program. Your participation helps us assess awareness, engagement and interest in future employee wellness programs. The program helps foster a culture of well-being and supports program coordinators to meet department wellness goals.
- Announce your desire to remain a certified healthy department at your next staff meeting and assess your department’s interest in pursuing this recognition.
- Inform colleagues they will be required to complete a less than 10-minute anonymous survey to evaluate their awareness and departmental engagement of wellness initiatives within two weeks.
- Remind colleagues a 75% participation survey completion rate is required for certification.
- Send ASU Employee Wellness an Excel spreadsheet with your employees' names and email addresses to send Question Pro surveys.
2019-2022 certified healthy departments:
- ASU Health Services, Polytechnic campus.
- Business Operations — Facilities Development and Management.
- Center: Mindfulness, Compassion and Resilience, Downtown Phoenix campus.
- Corporate Engagement and Strategic Partnerships.
- CIDSE Academic Advising Center, Tempe campus.
- Environmental Health and Safety.
- First-Year Success Center.
- Indian Legal Program.
- School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy.
- School for the Future of Innovation in Society.
- School of Earth and Science Exploration.
- School of Human Evolution and Social Change.
- Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services.
- Sun Devil Fitness Complex.
- University Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness.
- University Sustainability Practices.
Quitting tobacco resources
Campus quit partners
Employee Assistance Office offers individual and small group coaching sessions for ASU employees interested in quitting.
Employee Wellness offers educational classes and information about smoking cessation programs for ASU employees considering quitting. Contact us for details.
Community quit partners
- ASHLine is a free web-based and telephone coaching support to help all Arizonans quit smoking. Call 1-800-556-6222 for details.
- Tobacco-Free Arizona Resources offer information, fact sheets, media resources and more for all Arizonans.
- Benefits Options Tobacco-Free Program is the state employee tobacco cessation program. Pharmacists help you choose the right medication for you and expert coaches help you set goals and quit for good. 24/7 support is available to keep you on track and medications covered at no cost to employees. Contact 1-866-218-6646 for details.
- American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking® offers an online smoking cessation program.
- BecomeAnEX is a free quit-smoking program that helps you relearn your life without cigarettes.
The Office of Human Resources provides these additional services as part of its wellness and work-life balance offerings.
- Arizona Legal Center is a community legal resource that can help find answers to questions about the law.
- Lawyer referral service offers up to a 30-minute legal consultation for a $40 administrative fee. Get referred to a licensed and insured attorney. There is no fee for select personal injury claims, workers' compensation, DUI, or social security disability, excluding overpayment cases.