Employee Wellness engages individuals in preventative health care practices in the workplace. The wellness team offers activities, programs and resources to keep our community healthy and engaged at ASU.
Stay healthy while working
Work-life balance is important to physical health. The wellness team provides ways to maintain your well-being with online wellness, exercise and cooking classes. Find upcoming sessions and sign up.
Wellness calendar on Career EDGE
Access additional wellness resources and pursue cash incentives with the Health Impact Program app.
For additional questions regarding Employee Wellness, contact Wellness Program Manager Liz Badalamenti.
Certified healthy departments
ASU Employee Wellness distinguishes departments committed to supporting employee well-being as certified healthy departments. We encourage the ASU community to take an active role in creating a healthy workplace for all employees. Visit our wellness calendar in Career EDGE for monthly themes to keep your employees healthy.
How to participate in the program
Join us on this work-to-wellness journey through the certified healthy department program. Your participation helps us assess awareness, engagement and interest in future employee wellness programs. The program helps foster a culture of well-being and provides support for program coordinators to meet department wellness goals.
- Announce your desire to remain a certified healthy department at your next staff meeting and assess your department’s interest in pursuing this recognition.
- Inform colleagues they will be required to complete a less than 10-minute anonymous survey to evaluate their current awareness and departmental engagement of wellness initiatives within a two-week timeframe.
- Remind colleagues a 75% participation survey completion rate is required for certification.
- Send ASU Employee Wellness an excel spreadsheet with the names and email addresses of your employees to send Question Pro surveys.
2019-2022 certified healthy departments:
- ASU Health Services, Polytechnic.
- Business Operations - Facilities Development and Management.
- Center: Mindfulness, Compassion and Resilience, Downtown Phoenix campus.
- Corporate Engagement and Strategic Partnerships.
- CIDSE Academic Advising Center, Tempe campus.
- Environmental Health and Safety.
- First-Year Success Center.
- Indian Legal Program.
- School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy, SEMTE.
- School for the Future of Innovation in Society.
- School of Earth and Science Exploration, SESE.
- School of Human Evolution and Social Change.
- Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services.
- Sun Devil Fitness Complex.
- University Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness.
- University Sustainability Practices.
Quitting tobacco resources
Campus quit partners
Employee Assistance Office offers individual and small group coaching sessions for ASU employees interested in quitting.
Employee Wellness offers educational classes and information about smoking cessation programs for ASU employees considering quitting. Contact us for details.
Community quit partners
- ASHLine is a free web-based and telephone coaching support to help all Arizonans quit smoking. Call 1-800-556-6222 for details.
- Tobacco-Free Arizona Resources offer information, fact sheets, media resources and more for all Arizonans.
- Benefits Options Tobacco-Free Program is the state employee tobacco cessation program. Pharmacists help you choose the right medication for you and expert coaches help you set goals and quit for good. 24/7 support is available to keep you on track and medications covered at no cost to employees. Contact 1-866-218-6646 for details.
- American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking® offers an online smoking cessation program.
- BecomeAnEX is a free quit-smoking program that helps you relearn your life without cigarettes.
The Office of Human Resources provides these additional services as part of its wellness and work-life balance offerings.
Above and Beyond relocation services will help you relocate to the Phoenix metro area, whether you are looking to buy or rent a home in the area.
Email Laurie Becker or call 602-388-8070, ext. 803.
- Arizona Legal Center is a community legal resource that can help find answers to questions about the law.
- Lawyer referral service offers up to a 30-minute legal consultation for a $40 administrative fee. Get referred to a licensed and insured attorney. There is no fee for select personal injury claims, workers' compensation, DUI, or social security disability, excluding overpayment cases.