The Diversity and Small Business program encourages the participation of small, disadvantaged businesses in the university’s procurement practices. The program provides small and disadvantaged businesses with a fair opportunity to compete with large and national businesses to be service and product suppliers to the university. It also meets a requirement for ASU as a research I university to receive certain grant funding.
The program includes annual University goals for purchasing from small businesses. The University community is encouraged to seek assistance from buyers in Procurement to purchase from small, minority, and women-owned businesses. Suppliers will find opportunities on the ASU Bid Board.
Diversity and Small Business program: It is important that Arizona State University demonstrates the effective capability to include small business in its procurement activities. The Arizona Board of Regents approved an update in the definition of small business in the procurement of supplies, equipment and services under $100,000. This change specifies that procurements up to $100,000 must be awarded to small businesses unless that is impracticable.
Local Agency Listings For Small Business-M-WBE Companies: Listing of diversity suppliers are below and links access companies registered and or certified by various entities.
- American Indian Chamber of Commerce Arizona.
- Arizona Asian Chamber of Commerce.
- Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Associated Minority Contractors of Arizona.
- Black Chamber of Arizona.
- City of Phoenix Small Business Enterprise Directory.
- City of Phoenix Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Small Business Concern Directory.
- City of Tucson Small Business Enterprise Program. Click on the vendor link at the top and select SBE or DBE on the left.
- East Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Pacific Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council.
- Sun Corridor Inc.
Minority, Small and Women Certified Business Listing
Contact ASU Diversity or call 480-965-2160 for more information on the Diversity and Small Business program