Custodial Services is responsible for maintaining a clean environment within all buildings maintained by Facilities Development and Management including classrooms, common areas and offices. Special services not included in routine maintenance may be requested as needed through the links below.
CAMPUS CUSTODIAL CONTACT INFORMATIONTempe Campus: Joe Metzger
Downtown Phoenix Campus: http://tma.asu.edu:90/dpc_home.html
Polytechnic campus: email@example.com
West campus: http://webtma.asu.edu/ASUServiceRequest
Student Residences (Tempe, Polytechnic, West campuses): http://asu.edu/workrequest
CUSTODIAL SERVICE SCHEDULE:
Services provided by Custodial Services that are generally not billable to the requesting department include:
- Locking and unlocking main entrances of buildings daily
- Cleaning restrooms and replenishing supplies daily
- Emptying trash cans in common areas daily
- Cleaning classroom carpets/floors, and vertical writing surfaces daily
- Vacuuming offices weekly, emptying trash 2x week, and recycling 3x week
- Refinishing/shampooing in offices 1x per year by request*
- Maintaining common area floors/carpets daily
- Dusting common area surfaces weekly
- Responding to emergency clean up situations
Examples of billable services include:
- Upholstery cleaning (by service request only)
- Services requested for special departmental events/functions
Custodial Services does not:
- Move heavy furniture
- Move personal belongings in order to clean
- Clean laboratory, bench tops, countertops, sinks, or maintain sink-related items
- Perform personal services
*Personal carpeting and area rugs are not maintained by Custodial Services
These services are contracted by Facilities Management. The contractor is required to meet or exceed all university standards for custodial services.
For urgent needs during working hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., call (480) 727-1110.
For urgent needs after hours and weekends, call ASU Police at (480) 727-3456.
Call (480) 727-1110 to report problems with custodial services or to request service outside the scope of the contract.