Custodial Services is responsible for maintaining a clean environment within all buildings maintained by Facilities Development and Management, including classrooms, common areas and offices. Special services not included in routine maintenance may be requested through the link below.
CONTACT CUSTODIAL SERVICESTo request custodial services for all campuses and Residential Facilities, click here to make a Service Request.
For urgent needs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Polytechnic - 480.727.1110
For urgent needs after hours and weekends
Polytechnic – ASU Police at 480.727.3456
Standard Services Provided by Custodial Services
These services are generally not billable to the requesting department
- Locking and unlocking keyed main entrances of buildings
- Cleaning restrooms and replenishing supplies
- Emptying trash cans in common areas
- Cleaning classroom carpets/floors, and vertical writing surfaces
- Vacuuming offices, emptying trash and recycling
- Refinishing/shampooing in offices 1x per year by request*
- Maintaining common area floors/carpets
- Dusting common area surfaces
- Responding to emergency clean up situations
Examples of billable services include:
- Upholstery cleaning (by service request only)
- Services requested for special departmental events/functions
Custodial Services does not:
- Move heavy furniture
- Move personal belongings in order to clean
- Clean laboratory, bench tops, countertops, sinks, or maintain sink-related items
- Perform personal services
*Personal carpeting and area rugs are not maintained by Custodial Services
Services are contracted by Facilities Management. The contractor is required to meet or exceed all university standards for custodial services.