Facilities Management is responsible for maintaining a clean environment within all buildings including classrooms, common areas and offices. Custodial Services are contracted. The contractor is required to meet or exceed all university standards.
Enhanced cleaning: The university remains committed to thorough cleaning of campus environments and any recommended guidelines thereof to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For urgent facility needs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
All campuses 480-965-3633
Follow prompts for your campus.
Standard Services provided by Custodial Services
Examples of services that are generally not billable to the requesting department.
- Cleaning classroom carpets and floors, and vertical writing surfaces.
- Cleaning restrooms and replenishing supplies.
- Dusting common area surfaces.
- Emptying landfill and recycling receptacles in common areas.
- Maintaining common area carpets and floors.
- Refinishing and shampooing in offices one-time per year.
- Responding to emergency clean up situations.
- Vacuuming offices, empty landfill and recycling containers one-time per week on alternate days.
Examples of billable services include:
- Services requested for special departmental events and functions.
- Upholstery cleaning (by service request only).
Custodial Services does not:
- Clean laboratory, bench tops, countertops, sinks, or maintain sink-related items.
- Move heavy furniture.
- Move personal belongings in order to clean.
- Perform personal services.