The Office of Human Resources is providing services remotely. New employee orientation is being hosted online until further notice. Contact your supervisor to enroll.
New employees: Please do not bring your new hire packet or Form I-9 to our HR campus offices at this time.
- Read, sign, date and submit a domestic or international new hire packet through DocuSign on or before your first day of employment.
- Then, finish both sections of the I-9 form process:
- Complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 online.
- To complete Section 2, schedule a video-call appointment and have your acceptable documents in hand before your appointment. Note: Employees using documents from List A will be required to present these documents in person at the Office of Human Resources. Schedule a presentation appointment after completion of your Section 2 video call.
Congratulations on becoming part of the ASU community. Our inclusive workforce represents a wide range of talents, ages, ethnicities, races, experiences, interests and cultures. Learn about working at the New American University and your benefits on your orientation day. This event is for newly benefits-eligible employees, including employees regularly scheduled to work 20 or more per week for 90 days or longer. Your hiring manager will enroll you in orientation, and you will receive a confirmation with orientation details. Please coordinate with your hiring manager for more information.
The packet includes these items:
- Conditions of employment.
- Form I-9 instructions.
- Public Employee Office Loyalty Oath for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.
Update your employee self-disclosure data, your contact details, and your emergency contact information.
I-9, payroll and taxes
Before submitting your domestic or international new hire packet, complete section 1 of the Form I-9 on or before your first day of employment. More information is available online. Receive your pay faster by enrolling in direct deposit. Elect your federal and state tax deductions online and enroll in the electronic delivery of your W-2.
Online form I-9 I Arizona only.
Follow form I-9 instructions for new employees located outside Arizona.
To enroll in direct deposit, log in to My ASU and locate My Employment > Payroll > Direct Deposit and follow the instructions.
Postdoctoral scholar hires
Congratulations on becoming part of the ASU postdoctoral scholar community.
We encourage you to attend the employee orientation to learn about your benefit plan options. Within 30 days of your hire or eligibility date, complete your benefits enrollment for medical, life insurance, short-term disability, flexible spending or health savings accounts.
Failure to complete your benefits enrollment during your 30-day enrollment period waives your right to enroll in health or welfare plans until the next benefits annual open enrollment period unless you have a qualifying life event.
Full-time postdoctoral scholars on a fiscal appointment accrue 10 vacation days in the first year of appointment and 15 vacation days in subsequent years. Vacation days do not carry over into the following year and are not paid out after the postdoctoral appointment. Full-time postdoctoral scholars on an academic appointment do not accrue vacation.
All full-time postdoctoral scholars accrue sick leave at the rate of 3.69 hours per pay period.
Although postdoctoral scholars are not eligible to participate in a mandatory retirement plan, you are eligible to participate in one of our voluntary retirement plans at any time during your employment.
• Arizona University System Voluntary 403(b)
• Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b)
Faculty services, 1-480-727-9900