University-sponsored international travel is allowed on a case-by-case basis under exceptional circumstances only and requires approval from the appropriate dean or vice president and the university provost or executive vice president. University-sponsored domestic travel is also allowed on a case-by-case basis and requires approval from the appropriate dean or vice president, as well as the provost or executive vice president.
Assess your health. Do not travel if you show COVID-19 symptoms.
Confirm your Community of Care training and all required approvals are completed.
Check for updated ASU COVID-19 guidance.
Carry your supervisor’s contact information and any other ASU personnel whom you may need to reach.
Know locations and hours of local health clinics at your destination.
Prepare a safety plan that follows ASU and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention health and safety guidelines.
Once trip request is approved, book all your travel through My ASU TRIP/Concur.
ASU will not reimburse travel expenses incurred without the required pre-authorization and booking process.
- Carry a thermometer, Tylenol and a first aid kit.
- Check your temperature daily.
- Continue to monitor precautions and maintain flexibility to alter plans if needed, including self-isolation and returning home.
- Follow local, regional and federal quarantine guidelines.
- Modify activities to maintain physical distancing and wear a face covering.
- Practice good hygiene. Regularly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, wipe down surfaces, cough into your sleeve, and sneeze into tissues and dispose of them immediately.
- Talk with your supervisor and follow ASU departmental guidelines for health and safety to return to the office.