On Dec. 30, 2022, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its travel guidance. Please follow all CDC and local recommendations or requirements while traveling.
ASU strongly recommends that everyone wear a face cover indoors in public when traveling to an area with substantial or high COVID-19 transmission.
Before booking travel, travelers must obtain all necessary leadership approvals and have an approved Concur trip request.
How to submit a travel request
- Research your destination and identify safety requirements and protocols using the resources below.
- International travel:
- Faculty and staff must obtain a dean or vice president’s written approval.
- Students or faculty and staff traveling with students: Register your international travel in the Student International Travel Registration System to obtain all required approvals.
- Submit a trip request in My ASU TRIP for all domestic and international travel. Attach all required international travel approvals. For international travel that does not include ASU students, complete and attach the supplemental travel information form to expedite review by Risk Management.
- After the request is fully approved in My ASU TRIP, book your travel through My ASU TRIP.
- Travelers must book airfare through My ASU TRIP so the university may fulfill its duty of care responsibility to ASU travelers. Lodging, rental cars and other business travel arrangements should be booked through My ASU Trip unless there is a business reason to do otherwise.
Pre-authorization and the use of ASU’s booking processes are required to ensure travel reimbursement.
If you are a first-time traveler, review the following resources before booking your trip:
If you are a first-time approver, complete the following:
- Attend the My ASU TRIP training for the delegate or approver. Virtual training via Zoom is available every month.
- Review the ASU travel policy.
Prepare for travel
Booking your flight
Travelers can pay for My ASU TRIP-booked flights one of two ways:
- An ASU Airfare or Travel card.
- A personal credit card for reimbursement after the trip.
You cannot use your own Travel Card to pay for someone else’s travel expenses. Review the ASU Travel Card standards of use for more information.
Employees who schedule their travel through My ASU TRIP:
- Keep their travel miles.
- Receive benefits from ASU contracted privileges with American Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
- Retain unused tickets for future use.
You will receive safety information based on identified risks via email before and during your trip. Visit your My ASU Trip profile’s “Contact Information” section to register your mobile device and opt-in for text notifications.
Set alerts on your Travel Card to receive notifications when you are approaching your ASU Travel Card limit. You can also access your Travel Card statement electronically through U.S. Bank Access Online.
Sign up for COVID-19 vaccinations through Maricopa County.
Pick up a free Devils’ drop-off COVID-19 saliva test kit. Visit the Devils’ drop-off webpage for campus maps and more details. ASU has experts providing evidence-based guidance for keeping students, faculty and staff safe on campus. Visit the COVID-19 FAQ webpages for more details.
Return from travel
Create an itinerary
Travelers must create an itinerary to claim hotel expenses and daily allowances. You could import your itinerary if you booked your travel through My ASU TRIP. Travelers who did not schedule through My ASU TRIP must document their itinerary.
Only include locations where you lodged, which may differ from your flight destination.
Returned expense reports and delayed reimbursements
Expense reports may be returned or reimbursements delayed for any of the following reasons:
- Inadequate comments — the business purpose of the expense is unclear.
- Inadequate receipts.
- Airbnb receipts need the lodging address.
- Airfare receipts need the passenger’s name, travel dates, class of service and payment method.
Upload your receipts
After completing your trip, you must upload your travel receipts to the Concur mobile app. The Concur mobile app is saved to your My ASU TRIP profile for reporting purposes. The Concur app allows you to:
- Avoid the hassle of attaching, browsing, saving and scanning receipts.
- Upload receipts to automatically read the expense type, vendor, amount and currency.
Refer to the My ASU TRIP manual for more details about downloading the Concur mobile app.
- ASU Student International Travel.
- ASU Travel policy.
- Domestic travel.
- International travel.
- Travel health notices.
- U.S. state and territorial health department websites.
Visit the domestic and international travel webpage, email the ASU Travel Service Center or call 480-965-3111 for questions or more information.