The Organizational Performance Office works with university staff to develop approaches that improve the operations and services of the ASU community. We provide business support services in business process improvement, project and change management, Lean Six Sigma and ASU Spark MethodTM training.
Our goal is to empower and support the university by addressing these four critical areas.
- Develop long-term organizational strategic plans.
- Develop goals that align with the unit’s strategy and establish performance metrics.
- Improve processes to meet university service and performance requirements.
- Enhance employees’ skills and abilities to achieve excellent operational performance.
We assist in evaluating business operations and current measurement systems to identify opportunities for improvement. This can involve the following methods.
- Adaptation of business concepts and process improvement methods for ASU’s work environment.
- Assess departmental, unit and process readiness for process-based improvement activities and transformation.
- Benchmark performance.
- Metrics and reporting development.
- Consult on business process improvement or change management methods for departmental projects.
- Facilitate dialogue with key stakeholders to create and implement process improvement plans.
- Share resources such as business playbook templates, Lean Six Sigma and project standard methods.
Training opportunities are available for continuous business improvement, problem-solving and strategic planning. Learn about gold-standard tools and methods available to the ASU community.
ASU Spark MethodTM Facilitator Certification
Learn how to facilitate discussions to problem-solve a challenge through collective ideas that develop an action plan to implement the change. Register in Career EDGE.
Lean Six Sigma
The Lean Six Sigma environment relies on tools and templates to systematically remove waste and reduce variation. Participants learn the DMAIC phases – define, measure, analyze, improve and control – to use for process improvement initiatives.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification.
Visit the ASU Global Outreach and Extended Education webpage to register for one of the following certifications.
Our office assists university units with developing strategic plans for success using the following practices.
- Define and ensure vision and mission align with the university charter.
- Develop goals, objectives and tasks.
- Facilitate strategic planning meetings and activities.
- Use SWOT, customer and resource analysis to evaluate the position in the market.
Clayton Taylor, MBA, Six Sigma Master Black Belt, director
Mary Graft, EdD, MBA, associate director of operations
Alma Douglas, project manager
Angelique Soenarie Blair, project manager
Ann Eyerly, project manager
Grady Moore, project manager
Leslie Gant, project manager