Download and share the sustainable catering guide.
Approved Food Providers
Consult ASU's Approved Food Provider List when considering vendors that have adopted green practices:
- Can provide environmentally friendly and reusable table accents or decorations.
- Have a Green Transportation Plan.
- Have an environmental policy statement.
- Have documented Green Initiatives.
- Offers vegan or vegetarian options.
- Provide alternative options for Styrofoam products that are recyclable or compostable.
- Provide Fair Trade products.
- Provide locally sourced food.
- Provide organic options.
- Provide water in large containers rather than disposable bottles.
- Recycle during events.
- Serve meat, poultry, or dairy that is produced sustainably (cage-free, free-range, grass-fed).
- Use non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products.
- Use products made from recycled materials or are recyclable.
- Vary menu by season.
Consider the following before ordering food:
- Eliminate single-use plastic silverware and single-serve condiments.
- Provide healthy and nutritious options.
- Think about food overage donation programs.
- Use suppliers that minimize food waste.