Spouse and child dependent life insurance
You can elect term life insurance for your eligible spouse and dependent children. You may elect coverage:
- Within 30 calendar days of your eligibility or hire date.
- If you have a qualifying life event.
- During the annual open enrollment period.
Dependent coverage rules
- Coverage for a spouse or dependent may not be more than 100% of the employee's combined ASU basic life and supplemental life coverages.
- Coverage for dependents may not be more than 100% of the employee's combined ADOA basic life and supplemental life coverages.
- You are automatically the beneficiary of your dependent life insurance plan or plans.
ASU Dependent Life
After your initial 30-day enrollment period, due to a qualifying life event or during open enrollment:
- If enrolled, you may increase your coverage one level up to $25,000 without evidence of good health. You may increase additional levels or choose the $50,000 level for only your spouse with evidence of good health.
- If electing for the first time, after the initial 30-day enrollment period, all coverage levels require evidence of good health.
- Any person who is as an employee, retiree or insured under the portability provisions is not eligible as a dependent.
- Married faculty or staff members who both work for ASU may not elect ASU Spouse Life.
- Only one person can claim an eligible dependent child.
ADOA Dependent Life
After your initial 30-day enrollment period, due to a qualifying life event or during open enrollment, you may select any level of coverage.
Dependent life premium costs
|ASU life spouse||ASU life child
One premium provides coverage for all eligible children.
|ADOA Dependent Life|
|Coverage amount —spouse||Rate per pay period||Coverage amount — each child||Rate per pay period||Coverage amount — spouse and each child||Rate per pay period|