Safety Awareness Training
Safety Awareness Training
The ASU Police Department continually trains and conducts drills for incidents such as active shooters. However, ASU students, faculty and staff can watch online safety training videos to become familiar with how to react if a dangerous situation occurs on campus.
- Prepare, act and evade problematic situations or crises via online safety training videos on Blackboard that are easily accessible and can be watched at an individual pace. Self-enroll by using the links below, or log onto Blackboard via MyASU and search in the Course ID for ASUPD.
- ASU Police Department personnel are available to lead a safety presentation, which can include a screening of one of the following videos and an officer-led Q&A session. Contact the Crime Prevention Unit at 480.965.3456, or email ASUPolice@asu.edu.
- Help us spread the word about Be Safe @ ASU to your club, group or office with our 8.5-by-11-inch, double-sided, downloadable flier.
We encourage you to learn more about violence prevention and become a partner in safety. Some of these videos may contain scenes that some viewers may find disturbing, viewer discretion is advised.
- Shots Fired on Campus: Provides the student with critical guidance on how to recognize and survive an active shooter situation. The video portion is approximately 20 minutes. It's easy to self-enroll
- Shots Fired, When Lightning Strikes: Designed to give you the knowledge and strategies for recognizing, preventing and surviving an active shooter situation. The video portion is approximately 18 minutes. It's easy to self-enroll
- Flashpoint, Recognizing and Preventing Violence in the Workplace: Violence is almost always evolutionary with warning signs along the way. Take early acting in preventing workplace violence. The video portion is approximately 22 minutes. It's easy to self-enroll
- Flashpoint on Campus: Designed to help students recognize warning signs and understand how to respond to them to prevent violence on campus. The video portion is approximately 22 minutes. It's easy to self-enroll
- Silent Storm - Intimate Partner Violence and Stalking, the Impact on the Workplace: Increase your awareness of intimate partner violence and its potential to spill into the workplace. The video portion is approximately 24 minutes. It's easy to self-enroll
- Safe Passage Travel Companion: Reduce your exposure by learning the critical strategies, techniques and procedures aimed at minimizing travel risks, including how to survive a hostage situation. The video portion is approximately 31 minutes. It's easy to self-enroll
ASU Employee Assistance Office: 480.965.2271
ASU Counseling Services
Workplace Behavior Training
In addition to the above training, the ASU Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) and the Office of General Counsel has developed an online training module on workplace behavior. This module is designed to increase awareness of ASU’s policies regarding anti-harassment, non-discrimination and non-retaliation. The module is also intended to educate the university community about what constitutes appropriate behavior, and how to properly report concerns about inappropriate behavior. All supervisors, staff and student workers must complete this online training module within 90 days of hire and then every two years.