benefits open enrollment
Benefits Open Enrollment
Revised: Nov. 8, 2015
The Annual Benefits Open Enrollment period is held every October-November. Any changes in your benefits program made during open enrollment will be effective January 1 of the following year.
The 2016 Benefits Annual Open Enrollment Period closed Nov. 13, 2015, at 5 p.m. MST. Changes made during this period will be effective Jan. 1, 2016, except Aetna Life Insurance requests that requires evidence of good health and underwriting approval.
Questions? Ask HR
2016 plan year highlights
Voluntary enrollment for all plans except flexible spending accounts. Your coverage on Dec. 31, 2015, will automatically roll over to the new calendar year, except for your flexible spending accounts.
Review your 2016 benefits coverage, then complete the new open enrollment worksheet with your family before enrollment.
After Nov. 13, 2015, changes can be made only if you have a qualified life event or during the next open enrollment period in fall 2016.
Between Dec. 1 and Dec. 31, verify your 2016 elections.
MEDICAL PLAN PREMIUMS
- The PPO and HSA medical plan premiums will decrease as shown below.
Employee biweekly cost
|Employee + Child||$46.62||$46.62
|Employee + Spouse||$54.92||$54.92
|Employee + Child||$152.77||$66.46|
|Employee + Spouse||$161.54||$99.23|
(High-deductible Health Plan)
|Employee + Child||$37.38||$23.54|
|Employee + Spouse||$47.08||$27.69|
DELTA DENTAL OF ARIZONA
- An additional emergency evaluation or consultation visit per plan year will be added.
- The number of bitewing x-rays will be reduced from two to one per plan year, based on recommendations from the American Dental Association.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Starting with the 2016 plan year (Jan. 1), participants in the Healthcare or Limited Healthcare FSA will be allowed to carry over up to $500 of unused funds into the next plan year.
- The contribution limit for the Healthcare and Limited Healthcare FSAs will increase from $2,500 in 2015 to $2,550 in 2016.
- The debit card fee will be waived.
HEALTHFUND HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
for Aetna HSA Medical Option (high deductible) plan participants only
- The IRS will increase the annual contribution limit (employee and employer) for family coverage levels from $6,650 to $6,750.
Internal Revenue Code Section 125 allows you to make corrections before coverage begins on Jan. 1, 2016. You are encouraged to:
Confirm your elections
- Go to My ASU > My Employment > Benefits > My Benefits Summary
- Change the effective date to 01/01/2016 and click GO
- Compare these elections to your 2016 Open Enrollment Health and Welfare Benefits Enrollment Summary
Report discrepancies before 5 p.m. (MST) on Dec. 31, 2015
- Send an email to HRESC@asu.edu
- Describe the discrepancy
- Attach a copy of your Open Enrollment Health and Welfare Benefits Enrollment Summary (required)
Reminder: Aetna life insurance enrollments and changes requiring evidence of good health and underwriting approval may be effective after Jan. 1, 2016.
Faculty and staff without university benefits
The Affordable Care Act requires most Americans to have medical insurance, and those who don’t may have to pay a tax penalty. The Health Insurance Marketplace offers you “one-stop shopping” to find and compare private health insurance options. You can also call 800.318.2596 (TTY 855.889.4325) for information and to speak with representatives who can help you evaluate your coverage options and costs.
The next Health Insurance Marketplace open enrollment period begins Nov. 1, 2015, and ends Jan. 31, 2016.
- about us
- affordable care act
- benefits enrollment
- benefits guide
- disability insurance
- employee-related expenses
- faculty policies
- healthcare program
- leaves management
- life insurance
- open enrollment
- plan contacts
- retiring from ASU
- retirement program
- staff policies
- voluntary benefits
- workers' compensation
- vacation accrual
- business center
- employee assistance office
- employee discounts
- employee recognition
- hr toolkit
- leaving ASU
- manager services
- new employee
- office of equity & inclusion
- peoplesoft (HRSA)
- performance management
- professional development