Arizona State University has launched the Human Capital Management Innovation Project.
This plan involves implementing a cloud-based human capital management system responsive to changing business needs and improving the efficiency of administrative operations.
After an in-depth review, ASU has selected Workday Human Capital Management and Payroll software.
ASU views the project as an opportunity to reimagine its human resources capabilities and processes using an advanced HCM system that supports the university. ASU will begin implementing the project in spring 2023, with an expected launch in spring 2025.
The project includes the following goals and objectives:
- Build organizational and cultural readiness.
- Consolidate and standardize the usage of auxiliary or third-party applications.
- Design and implement streamlined business processes and leverage process automation, workflow and document storage to improve the employee experience through transformed human resource processes to ensure transactional accuracy and efficiency.
- Design a scalable system that will continue to meet the university’s needs during growth periods.
- Expand and simplify management access to detailed information with real-time access to business intelligence, reporting and analytics for enhanced decision making.
- Implement up-to-date best practices that allow for tracking of all applicable federal, state, local and international compliance regulations and guidelines.
Workday is a cloud management software-as-a-service provider for human resources, payroll and student and faculty lifecycle management. It has services that can perform administrative functions for the following operational processes.
- Core HR and job data
- HR analytics
- Professional development
- Talent management
- Time and attendance
HCM executive committee
The committee comprises cross-functional leaders who ensure all aspects of the project are performed appropriately.
Email the HCM Innovation team for questions or more information.