If your department needs floor coverings, here are the step-by-step procedures to follow:
- Initial project planning.
- Verify funding availability.
- Identify the affected rooms and or areas.
- Select the materials or finishes you need like carpet, vinyl tile, wood floors, polished concrete, terrazzo, epoxy, etc.
- Determine the required project start and end date, if any.
- Decide who should manage the project.
- Department-managed project — appropriate for small projects.
- Facilities Development and Management-managed project — appropriate for large or complex projects.
- Department-managed project tasks.
- Solicit quotes — we encourage you to obtain multiple quotes if possible. Review the list of vendors who can perform this work. ASU's Office of the University Architect will guide approved colors, patterns and finishes.
- Request asbestos clearance — you must supply written documentation from the ASU Asbestos Program staff that the project area is clear of asbestos before ASU Purchasing can process a purchase order. Submit an online FDM service request for asbestos clearance. If asbestos is present, the additional cost to remove it will be added to the department's project cost.
- Submit a requisition through Workday. Floor coverings are on the P-Card restricted list. Please use the spend category "floor coverings" for materials and labor. You must identify the point of contact in your department and attach the vendor quote and proof of asbestos clearance.
- Purchasing will issue a purchase order and send a copy to the department.
- Flooring installers will typically not move furniture. You must make separate arrangements for this service if needed.
- The department must contact the vendor to schedule the work.
- Tasks for an FDM-managed project.
- Submit an online FDM service request online. You may need to sign in using your ASU User ID and password.
- In the drop-down menu, select Estimate/Renovation. This will take you to the service request form.
- Add information about the project location and details and attach any documents like drawings.
- Submit the request.
- The FDM project manager will get quotes and request asbestos clearance. If asbestos is present, the additional cost to remove it will be added to the department's project cost.
- There is a fee for FDM project management services.
Arizona Flooring and Interiors AZF Interiors — Small Business
6483 S. Rural Road
Tempe AZ 85283
Email John Moakler or call 480-361-9875.
Continental Flooring Co.
9319 N. 94th Way, STE 1000
Scottsdale AZ 85258
Email Cattie Walker or call 480-949-8509.
Diversified Flooring Services
7898 E. Acoma Drive, STE 107
Scottsdale AZ 85260
Email Brad Weaver or call 480-967-7600.
ReSource Arizona LLC
4140 N. 44th St., STE 100
Phoenix AZ 85018
Email Amanda Cruz or call 602-256-2862.
SaniGLAZE International LLC
Email Chip Wilkening or call 800-874-5554.
State Tile and Flooring LLC — Small Business
3820 N. 30th Ave.
Phoenix AZ 85017
Email Robert Fernandez or call 602-264-5705.
Wholesale Floors LLC
8855 N. Black Canyon Hwy.
Phoenix AZ 85021
Email Drew Petersen or call 602-908-0389.