The University Club is conveniently located on the Arizona State University Tempe campus, in a historic building originally known as Science Hall. The exclusive membership is comprised of current and retired faculty, staff, alumni, community and corporate members. The University Club provides a comfortable atmosphere for informal gatherings and weekday lunches, and is the perfect location for your special event or meeting.
Open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Complimentary coffee and tea available to members in the Club Room until 4:30 p.m.
University Club members may enjoy an array of delectable food options for lunch at the Bistro. The casual environment allows for a relaxing meal with friends, coworkers and clients. Seasonally, the Bistro also offers a patio area for one's dining pleasure.
Bistro hours: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Patio hours - seasonal: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Reservations only by phone: 480-965-0702
The University Club Advisory Board advises on club policies, considers recommendations from standing committees and serves in an advisory capacity to the club’s professional management team. The board provides guidance in their areas of expertise and counsels the club to ensure that the affairs of the club are managed in the best interest of the members.
The board shall work with and advise the club manager concerning club policies, operations, finances and membership services. In this role, the board shall represent the membership to the club manager and, to the best of its ability, communicate to the membership all club policies and actions.
|Catherine Silverman||Retiree||Vice President|
|Sue Chretien||Foundation | Staff||Secretary | Treasurer|
|Thomas Schildgen||Faculty||Past President|
|Martha Byrd||Alumni | Staff||Member|
Membership services email
Events | Meetings
You must be a member to attend the upcoming events. Review the Membership tab for benefits, fees and membership requests.
|Harvest High Tea*||Nov. 16, 2017||3–5 p.m.|
|Tailgate | ASU vs. University of Arizona||Nov. 25, 2017||2 hours before kickoff|
|Annual Membership Holiday Party||Dec. 7, 2017||5–8 p.m.|
|Holiday High Tea*||Dec. 14, 2017||3–5 p.m.|
|Valentine's Day High Tea*||Feb. 14, 2018||3–5 p.m.|
|Mother's Day High Tea*||May 10, 2018||3–5 p.m.|
* – reservation required to attend
Private Events and Rentals
The University Club has several room options to accommodate any guest list, large or small. The Bistro-Patio and the Club Room are on the first floor; second-floor accommodations include the Heritage, Traditions and Thoren rooms.
- Bistro | Patio: The Bistro is the club's restaurant where lunch is served Monday through Friday. There is also a patio connected to the Bistro.
- Club Room: The Club Room is the lounge, which members and guests may use at their leisure. It is equipped with a television and comfortable seating.
- Heritage Room: The Heritage Room is the largest room, and can hold up to 88 guests at rounds or 125 guests in theatre-style seating. The Heritage Room is separated by a foyer from the Traditions and Thoren rooms.
- Traditions Room: The Traditions Room is the second largest room, and can hold up to 44 guests at rounds or 75 guests in theatre-style seating. The Traditions Room has double pocket doors that open into the Thoren Room to accommodate 30 additional guests sitting at round tables.
- Thoren Room: The Thoren Room is the smallest room, and can hold up to 30 guests at rounds or theatre-style seating. This room has double pocket doors that open into the Traditions Room to hold an additional 44 guests at round tables.
The University Club has 55 first-come, first-served parking spaces. The parking lot is free for members and their guests to use while they are at the University Club. If additional parking is required, the Fulton Center has a parking garage.
Atlasta Catering is the exclusive caterer for the University Club.
Hours: Seven days a week, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Convenient parking during club use
- Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere for any occasion, from informal meetings and gatherings to weddings, receptions and soirees
- Convenient Tempe campus location
- Free ASU wireless Internet access
- Full-service cash bar during lunch and special events
- Reciprocal benefits with the University Club of Phoenix
- Reciprocal privileges with over 100 private clubs; visit acuclubs for reciprocal clubs
- Reduced rates for ASU retirees and those 75 years of age and older
- Seasonal access to patio for outdoor events
- Special member-only events throughout the year, including high teas, home football game tailgates, colloquiums, annual holiday party and more
|One-time fee||Monthly dues||Annual dues*|
|Corporate | 1-5 people||$200||$65 - $13 each additional person||$780* - plus $156 each additional person|
|Department | 1-5 people||$200||$65 - $13 each additional person||$780* - plus $156 each additional person|
|Faculty | Staff||$100||$16.25||$195*|
|Faculty | Staff – with payroll deduction||waived||$7.50 per paycheck|
|Silver member | 75+||$100||$8||$96*|
*One-time fee is waived for members who pay dues annually.
Become a Club Member and Supporter
Established in 1989, the University Club welcomes all faculty, staff, alumni, members of the community and corporate members.
Membership services email