ASU Office of Human Resources is individually contacting affected employees who may have an unemployment claim in their name. Response to the email is important to help combat fraud. If you did not file for unemployment benefits, HR will notify the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
Arizona and other states across the country are seeing a rise in fraudulent jobless benefits claims.
Any ASU employees affected by fraudulent unemployment activity are encouraged to report it to the following agencies.
Reporting fraudulent unemployment claims
- Call the Arizona Department of Economic Security at 1-800-251-2436 to report a fraudulent unemployment claim or submit an online complaint.
- Contact the Arizona Department of Economic Security Ombudsman for assistance involving concerns when receiving or attempting to receive benefits and services.
Reporting identify theft
- Contact the ASU Experience Center and the ASU Information Security Office to report any suspected events about accessing your ASU personal data.
- Individuals can submit a National Center for Disaster Fraud Complaint Form for complaints of fraud, abuse or mismanagement to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission guide on how to report identity theft and how to repair any damage.
- Learn more about unemployment benefits scams from the FTC Consumer information blog.