Recordkeeping Review for workstations
A Recordkeeping Review is required for all workstation installations and reconfigurations. The Recordkeeping Review serves as a communication tool for internal facility recordkeeping. Select Recordkeeping Review on the Building Permit Application, attach a layout plan and email both to ConstructionSupportServices@asu.edu for review. Recordkeeping Reviews are reviewed for:
- ADA – Compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Asbestos – Survey of cubicles attached to wall systems.
- Fire Safety – Review of cubicle egress.
- Spatial Resources – Identifies coding of occupant and space type.
- University Facilities Records Management – Ensures correct room numbering for 911 emergency response, property control, data and telecom.
- UTO Ops Design and Network Com – Evaluates cabling and telephone requirements.
Workstation installations and configurations may not take place until Recordkeeping Review approval has been obtained and notification is given to the Review Applicant.
Recordkeeping Review for workstations with new electrical installation or modification
Workstation installations or reconfigurations that include new electrical power installations or modifications to the existing electrical systems require an Electrical Permit with a Recordkeeping Review. Both application types are requested on the same application form.
- The customer will submit a Service Request for electrical work and provide a furniture layout plan.
- Facilities Management will deliver an estimate to be reviewed and approved by the customer.
- After the estimate is approved and the work order funded by the customer, Facman will send an email to CSS and include the work order number and attach an Electrical Permit Application with Recordkeeping Review checked on the form, furniture layout plan, drawings indicating location of work and panel readings.
- After the documents are reviewed and approved by CSS, an Electrical Permit will be issued and delivered to Facman.
Recordkeeping reviews for workstations at leased space
A Recordkeeping Review Request is required for workstation installations and configurations at property leased by ASU. The process is the same above except that any new electrical installations or modifications are to be permitted by the local Authority Having Jurisdiction. ASU recordkeeping review requirements will not override any governing municipality’s code or jurisdiction.
Recordkeeping review for third party and leased buildings
Newly constructed or remodeled properties that are third party, leased, etc., and permitted by other municipalities require a Recordkeeping Review. ASU review requirements will not override any governing municipality’s code or jurisdiction.
- PM will send email and include project number and completed permit application with Recordkeeping selected.
- CSS will retrieve construction plans from the CPMG project file, upload to Bluebeam and send notification to plan reviewers at the applicable campus.
- Review requirements for 3rd party and Leased Buildings are the same as the review for workstations with the following difference:
- Lessee will be required to obtain an asbestos and/or lead report from the building owner and/or manager. If the report is not available, the Asbestos Manager will require a new survey.
- Fire Safety will review fire systems.