ASU Police Key Control handles all requests for keys to ASU Tempe Campus buildings and is open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding University holidays). The Police Department works in conjunction with the Facilities Management Key Shop to fill requests for keys. The Polytechnic campus, West campus and Downtown Phoenix campus key/access requests may differ. Visit each site for more details.
How to request ASU Tempe Campus keys
- Complete a Key Action Form. If you are at the Downtown Phoenix Campus use this form. Make sure all information is filled in correctly and an Authorized Signer approves the request. Instructions for completing the Key Action form.
- Deliver or mail the completed form - hand deliver to the front desk of the Police Administration Building at 325 E. Apache or mail to ASU Police Department at mail code 1812.
- Correctly completed forms are generally processed within two working days from the day the request is received. For example, if Key Action Forms are received by Key Control on Monday before 4:30 PM the key(s) will be ready after 10:00 AM on Wednesday of the same week.
- The keyholder or their designee may pick up the requested keys at the front desk of the Police Administration Building, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Anyone picking up keys must know for whom and for what building the keys have been requested. Authorized pickup persons must also present a valid form of picture identification upon request.
- All lost or stolen keys must be reported to ASU Police Department within 24 hours of the discovery of their loss. Please call Key Control at 480.965.6090 to file a loss or theft report during normal working hours. Keyholders are responsible for all keys issued to them and will be charged a fine if their keys are lost or stolen. Please refer to the Key Policy for more information.
- Obsolete or unneeded keys must be returned to ASU PD Key Control to clear the account of the person to whom they were assigned.
- Keys may only be transferred with permission from ASU PD Key Control. Instructions for transferring keys are included on the forms page.
- Please call Key Control at 480.965.6090 if you have any questions regarding key request policies and procedures.
QUESTIONS/REPORT A LOST KEY
HOURS OF OPERATION
(excluding University holidays)
MAIL CODE: 1812
ISAAC (Integrated System for ASU Access Control) is the ASU electronic access control standard. All departments and colleges should use ISAAC to meet their electronic access control needs. For more information on the ISAAC, go to https://cfo.asu.edu/fdm-door-access.