ASU guidance for contractors and suppliers
The health and safety of everyone on ASU campuses are of utmost importance. The university will maintain campus development and operations while following the guidelines and restrictions issued by federal and local authorities.
ASU expects its contractors and suppliers, and all of their subcontractors and employees, who visit or work at an ASU campus or facility to make health and safety a priority and reduce COVID-19 risks to the greatest extent possible.
ASU requires all contractors and suppliers, and their subcontractors and employees, to comply with the following:
- Adopt effective protocols that follow updated guidance by local authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
- Educate employees on how to reduce COVID-19 risks, such as not touching their faces, frequent hand washing, applying hand sanitizer, and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Establish markings and barriers where applicable to promote social distancing.
- Follow all restrictions and guidelines for international, intrastate, regional and local travel. Refer to CDC State and Territorial Health Department Websites and Travelers Prohibited from Entry to the U.S. for more information.
- Maintain a clean workspace at any ASU campus or facility, including the disinfection of equipment, tools, common areas and bathrooms.
- Notify ASU Facilities Development and Management at 480-965-3633 with locations where an employee suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has visited.
- Practice good hygiene habits: frequent hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes.
- Practice social distancing, maintaining 6 feet from others to the greatest extent possible. Refer to CDC guidance.
- Provide and require everyone to wear face coverings at all times while working at any ASU campus or facility. Everyone is required to wear a face cover while in ASU buildings. Face coverings will also be required in outdoor community spaces where social distancing is not possible.
- Require all employees who become ill or experience COVID-19 symptoms to leave ASU immediately, contact their supervisor, and seek medical attention.
- Require all employees suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 or care for a family member with COVID-19 to self-isolate until cleared by medical authorities