The Human Capital Management project team shares its mission and goals with executive leaders.
ASU held its governance kickoff event for the Human Capital Management Workday Innovation implementation project on Feb. 28, 2023.
ASU selected Huron, a professional consulting services firm that has worked with the university on past projects, to consult and assist the ASU implementation team.
Morgan R. Olsen, ASU executive vice president, treasurer and chief financial officer, and Randy Hendricks, Huron managing director, addressed the 77-person project team, which has begun implementing the Workday HCM and Payroll software across ASU’s operational services. The new HCM system is expected to launch fully in the spring of 2025.
HCM team members presented Olsen, Hendricks and the executive, steering and advisory committees with the project’s vision, mission and guiding principles.
Deliver an automated, standardized and continuously improving HCM system. One that will empower current and future managers and employees to access human resources and payroll administrative functions, make work more efficient and support global engagement and growth across ASU.
Engage in collaborative teamwork, problem-solving and regular knowledge transfer to build a positive team culture. The team will regularly engage the Steering Committee to sponsor and support project deliverables.
The project team will do the following to ensure HCM system integration:
- Deliver high-quality, fully functional outcomes.
- Design and implement business processes and analytics frameworks based on standardized, sustainable best practices.
To prepare the ASU community for the new system, the project team will regularly:
- Gather community ideas and feedback.
- Help transition users to the new system.
- Provide project status updates.
- Apply a growth mindset — focus on principled innovation, continuous improvement and value-added decisions.
- ASU is one university in many places — with one human capital management system.
- Design a system that is scalable and sustainable.
- Aim for decision-making simplicity.
- Strive for standardization — design for best practice.
- Create a system that produces accurate and usable data.
- Prioritize enhancing the employee experience.
- Provide ASU employees with continued support during and after the system change.
- Communicate, collaborate, support and model desired behaviors regularly — inside and outside the project team.
Please email the HCM Innovation team with questions or for more information.